Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
I had a tough decision for this weekend, but I decided on Kristen Bell. She was great on Veronica Mars and such a delight on Heroes playing a very socially awkward crazy girl with the ability to shoot lightning from her fingertips. Some may ask why I didn't choose Hayden Pan(I won't even attempt to finish her last name) eh...Claire seeing how she is sooo hot. While I know she's a real looker I also realized that she was underage for most of the pictures that she's in... Ever since R. Kelly's piss-on-you scandal with little girls, I have not been one to stop and stare at the underaged...On that note, here's Kristen Bell (who's in her late twenties.) Wow, what a looker...easy, sailor.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Patton Oswalt had a bit about porn emails with random subject headings that make you think it's genuine and then ASSHOLES WITH ARMS IN THEM!!! or ELBOW DEEP IN ASIAN TEEN!! This is the same thing, without the graphic, picture-painting language. I could go on, but I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of one of my friends who may be reading this.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
I almost didn't recognize my crush for this weekend until I was writing a review for the most recent episode of Life. My crush is Christina Hendricks. I barely recognized her, but her fire red hair was the key characteristic that drew me to her. She has been in a few episodes of Life and Mad Men, but how I finally recognized her was as Mrs. Saffron Reynolds from Firefly. She played the rather buxom con-artist who married Mal on Firefly and conned him out of his space craft and his clothes. Mad Men is set in 1960s and Christina's full figure was ideal for the role of senior secretary of the advertising agency where the series is set. And, understandably so...men back in the day had no intention of fucking a box kite, why the have the inclination to do so now escapes me.
Other people like the ladies @ Go Fug Yourself have critiqued the second photo of her and I have to agree, this is an instance where the outfit, and voluptuousness that this gorgeous firecracker has are subordinated by the horrible hooker make-up job. Next time be a little more conservative with the eyeliner and mascara.
- Green Lantern: Rebirth & No Fear By: Geoff Johns
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter By: Jeff Lindsay
- Y: The Last Man By: Brian K. Vaughan
Thursday, November 8, 2007
- Pilot Inspektor (I shit you not): Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf
- Audio Science: Shannyn Sossamon
- Kal-El Coppola (Possibly my favorite): Nicholas Cage (Kal-El is Superman’s original birth name)
- Seven Sirius: Andre Benjamin and Erykah Badu
- Satchel (Hey Satchel, give me a HBJ...hand bag job): Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee
- Kyd (They named their Kid...kyd): David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
What ever happened to names like Eddie,Vincent, Clint, or Jeff (or Geoff)...I know kids can be cruel...naming your kid Moon Unit, Dweezlil or Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen is making them cannon fodder and I'm quite sure a name like Pilot Inspektor is gonna get you beat up and your lunchmoney stolen....(Can you name the artist whose kids I just mentioned? I'll give you a hint: his first name isn't fucked up, but his last name is...here's another hint: Joe's Garage.) Answer: Frank Zappa
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
For those who may have missed it, or for those of you who really enjoy nostalgia, the series ended on a very big FUCK YOU cliffhanger. The team had decided to bring down the members of a demonic society, Circle of the Black Thorn, that was the driving force behind the apocalypse; this being the war between good and evil that has been going on behind the scenes shaping the events for the latter part of the last millennium (the machine ran by the senior partners at Wolfram and Hart; the Wolf. Ram and Hart). The surviving members met in the alley behind the Hyperion Hotel, a main location through most of the series, making that there last stand. The ending can be taken in an optimistic or pessimistic light, seeing as the fight could go either way.
Optimist:Now, with Brian Lynch at the helm and Joss Whedon as his Obi Wan we will find out what the future holds for Angel and whats left og the gang we've all grown to love. I've heard some rumors, one that Charles Gunn will have been turned into a vampire to help aid in the battle and will become a central villain, I've also heard rumors of a return from Harmony and Gwen, who appeared in a few episodes of season 4 and I've also heard that Connor will return as well. I cannot wait till November 21.
- Spike and Angel converse right be for the credits about the plan of attack as hordes of evil descend upon the four survivors. Angel says they fight, Spike asks him to be specific. Angel says he wants to slay the dragon soaring overhead. One can take this as a sense that Angel is optimistic, and him being the champion warrior, like a brave and noble knight (even though he is a vampire) he wants to slay the dragon which in medieval lore stood for evil.
- Illyria, a demon-god placed in the mortal body of Winifred Burkle, notices that Charles Gunn is bleeding from his abdomen. She responds that he is fading and will last 10 minutes at best. Spike mentions when Illyria asks to do more violence, that wishes just happen to be horses that night...a shot of the horde of demons charging down the alley is one that doesn't really inspire hope, Demons of all sizes, include huge orges are charging on them. The final shot is of them standing right as Angel's sword strikes another blade.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Steve Johnson (Consigliore, TheFeed): I suggest you watch every episode of The Onion’s Onion News Network videos. Also, check out the movie Fantastic Planet. It’s ultra-mega-rad, it was made in the 1970s and it’s French.
Watch any clip on youtube entitled “asdf.” They’re all good.
While you're over at youtube, check out the closing sequence to The Last American Virgin. MDalonzo and I think it may be the funniest minute and a half ever committed to film.
EMorton (King of Sodom, TheFeed): Monk – It’s a TV show about an obsessive compulsive detective.Sniffing Glue- it’ll never get old, but it will destroy your brain, which is the same as watching TV anyway. Adultery- Does this need an explanation?
Monday, November 5, 2007
- The original Cylon Centurion model from the 70's episode makes an appearance in this movie.
- The destruction of human cylon hybrid ship is the mission the Lee and Starbuck end up taking. Lee's XO Kendra Shaw leads the away team.
- Kendra Shaw is able to witness the human cylon hybrid give a prophesy for season four; Starbuck is a harbinger of the obliteration of the human race and that when the time comesthey should not follow her. She mentioned in the season three finale that she has seen Earth and could take them there, hmm. Sadly Shaw is jammed by Cylon interference and cannot relay the message.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Ion: Guardian of the Universe
- Bestows its host with nigh-omnipotent control over time and reality; flight, energy manipulation, and other powers similar to a Green Lantern Corps Power Ring and the Starheart.
- Has all of the abilities of Superman while under yellow sun's rays, including: super-strength, the power of flight, super-speed, super-breath, super-hearing, X-ray, heat, microscopic and telescopic visions, and invulnerability to any force other than a red sun, except at a much higher level. Wears a power suit modeled after that of the Anit-Monitor which collects and feeds him yellow solar energy.
The Daxamite Green Lantern is named "Sodom Yat" and is also referred to as "The Ultimate Green Lantern". In that story, Sodom Yat is the last Green Lantern to confront Superman, who has just killed many Green Lanterns, Thanagarians and the Martian Manhunter. Sodom Yat then kills Superman.It will be interesting to see how the new Green Lantern's Torchbearer will fare against Superman-Prime. I also wonder, what the future holds for Kyle Rayner, the prior Torchbearer, this cover art should be a nifty little teaser to get your mind going.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Scab - noun - a worker who refuses to join a labor union or to participate in a union strike, who takes a striking worker's place on the job, or the like.
That being said, I would like to just put my name out their for the producers of Heroes, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, How I Met Your Mother and a few other shows. I am willing to cross the picket line and do what needs to be done to ensure that the millions of television watchers out there get their fix. Just give me the episode's summary and I could punch up a 42 minute script for you in about four days. I would require some pizzas, Yoo Hoo, popcorn and a shit load of DVDs. Put me in a room with nothing but movies, comics and tv shows on DVD and I can make you a masterpiece.
And y0u know what, call me a scab. I don't care. I would rather be called a scab, than a greedy dick who needs more money. No offense to writers like Brian K. Vaughn, Tim Minear and Joss Whedon who could paint an epic story with their words, but I require the satisfaction of coming home from a long day of learning, sitting down in my favorite ass groove and letting television take me away from my problems for a few hours.
- Heroes' Season Finale may end up being next month at the end of the first story arc? The News story @ IGN.com
- How will the strike affect shows like 24 and Lost? The story @ IGN.com
Quit being bitches, WGA, I'm guessing you guys like television and movies too? Well, are you okay with sitting down and watching Deal or No Deal everyday or Biggest Slut with slutty friends in formation behind her holding her hair as she pukes in the toilet because she's rich enough to only drink private reserve XO Hennessey Cognac? I highly doubt it. Hey, AMPTP (I haven't forgotten you), even though I would be willing to cross the picket line to ensure my favorite shows would be on the air, I must say if you can find some way to give these writers a few more cents...you may be looking at an uprising from loyal fans...
Friday, November 2, 2007
My weekend crush for this week is Kaley Cuoco from CBS' new sitcom The Big Bang Theory. A show which has out shined many other new shows this season, doing consistently well after How I Met Your Mother and as a lead in to Two & A Half Men. I enjoy the show; there's something so appealing about this brand of 'nerd' humor. The idea is simple enough; two supersmart but supernerdy super-socially awkward scientists, Leonard and Sheldon, get a superhot superditzy next door neighbor named Penny. The humor comes from the polar opposites created by them...hilarity ensues on a regular basis. (How couldn't it when you're talking about String Theory and the Doppler Effect to a girl who works a The Cheesecake Factory?)
But what do you care? (You're here for the goods.) Fine...enjoy
Don't start playing these if you have any important business or anything...they has wasted about 1 & 1/2 hour of my time already... without me realizing it.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Rejoice and be glad!!!! Yes it's true, true believers and brown-coats. Joss Whedon has a new show coming to perennial show canceler, FOX, called Dollhouse. Oh, and did you know the lead is Eliza Dushku? I am crying tears of joy (Eliza Dushku is incredibly gorgeous, for one)... Fox has already committed to 7 episodes. It's also being done with help from Tim Minear...for those playing the home game, he was apart of Angel, Firefly, and the doomed Fox show Drive (which I must say was canceled prematurely...but thats just me.) Don't believe it... here's the E! Online news story as proof.
If that doesn't get you hyped for what may be, I don't know what the fucks wrong with you...IT'S JOSS WHEDON! He's the fucking man! He is up there as it goes for creative talent...Kevin Smith, Quentin, Whedon. He is a god amongst us mere mortals.I guess this is the reason why Whedon's taking his sweet time with the writing of Runaways...I can wait for a while with this news. I hope Fox listens to me as I say this...give this show a chance. Don't write it off. You wrote of Firefly, it made a shitload of money in DVD sales, then became a movie (a movie that was produced by Universal...instead of 20th Century Fox.) You obviously know what Joss and Tim are capable of; they produced two of the most watched series still in syndication and one of the biggest cult following of our time...maybe they're doing something right. I for one, cannot wait for this show...fuck 24, give me Dollhouse.
Of course, I went to class and Starbucks like this, quite a good time I must say. I even rolled up in my Explorer rocking out some HIM and Coheed & Cambria. Can't be emo listening to ABBA's Dancing Queen (I always say that). The playlist I had with me in my truck contained some of the following artists:
Some people recognized the premise immediately and laughed hysterically, others needed a demonstration. To facilitate this, on my arms were slashes from a red pen. Exactly, I was a cutter-emo, imagine the action figure advertisement...'comes with wrist-slashing action'. Of course that may sound offensive and that was what I was going for. Consider it a commentary of our society and how we look at people, and how we think in stereotypes. At least three people asked me if I had slashed wrists...just because I looked that way. But hey, it's all in good fun. A few people were peppered into the crowd, one person was a lumberjack, one very awkward person (Senor Awkward) was a sailor, I even saw a kid in a banana. If only I thought then to ask him to sing Banana Phone...oh well, Hey...look for me next year. My plan is to be Thor...so keep your eyes and ears open, you may here the noise of thunder or see a flash of light; you'll know that the God of Thunder, son of Odin has arrived...more importantly that Odin crept into the black forest and got lost...Snoogens.
- Coheed and Cambria
- Say Anything
- Panic! At the Disco
- Fall Out Boy
- The Frames
- TV on the Radio